Friday, June 19, 2009

My first real six string...

Jerry Matcher - Shop Owner

July 8th, 1969. Now it's not like I had never had a six string in my life. No. I mean I had a few shitty fake six strings all over the place. But when I look back, that was the date that I got my first real six string, you know? And what an instrument. I mean I was infatuated by that guitar...



So beautiful, so robust, so intriguing. I would be lying if I told you I didn't take it home and play it. By God I played it til my fingers bled.

I remember too getting it from one of the least likely places... just an ol' five and dime I found on the corner. I mean talk about strange! A small five and dime producing such a piece of history, such an important piece of my life.

I mean, when I look back now, i mean, that summer. That summer, it seemed to last for ever.

Those were the best days of my life.

Heh heh... oral...

No comments:

Post a Comment