Friday, June 19, 2009

Yeah... I got married... but Jimmy quit.

Jody Carter - Real Estate Salesman

Oh lord. The summer of '69. Yeah... I remember that real well. You know I got a lotta flack that summer... a lotta flack.

What for?

Getting married! C'mon man, getting married. See, me and the guys from school... well we had an idea, you know, and it was going to be a hell of an idea. We knew that no matter what we did we were going to succeed. Geez... but we were young then... real young.

What was your idea?

I didn't tell you already? Jesus, when I look back now I just keep getting lost, you know, can't even tell what stories I've already told you. That summer just seemed to last forever. Well me and the guys from school we got a band and we tried real hard. Like real hard. I don't think I've ever put as much work into anything than band. We were going to take off... some people blame me for it not taking off. I got married. But you know what! It wasn't just me! Jimmy quit! You know that?! Jimmy quit before I ever got married. That was the death toll of that band. It was that. We shoulda known we'd never get far.

Man. If I had a chance you know, I'd always be there.

Those were the best days of my life.

Wait, so what is this for?

An Oral History of 69.


Hahaha. I get it. That's clever. Do you get that? Do you get why that's clever? Oral?

Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment